The Latest From Moana...
NEW RELEASE (23 May)
Out today on iTunes, Deezer, Amazon and the rest - Tū (Moana & the Tribe featuring the vocals of the extraordinary Jani Lauzon). Stomping big drum n bass "world music" celebrating the ritual of tohi - dedication of a child to the God of War to strengthen and empower them. Get it now!
My name is Moana Tour 2019 - 4 May until 1 June 2019 (15 Apr)
Arts on Tour NZ presents: "My Name is Moana" - Water, ocean, moana, music – The show is an intimate 90-minute tribute to the ocean led by celebrated singer/songwriter Moana Maniapoto, arts laureate and a 2016 inductee into the NZ Music Hall of Fame. Most recently, she has been honoured as a Distinguished Alumni 2019 of University of Auckland alongside William Pike, Dr Simon Talbot and John Bongard.
The audiences loved Moana and her fellow musicians when they toured with Arts on Tour in 2017. Now Moana, Trina and Paddy are back, this time with Cadzow on electric and acoustic guitar. In ‘My Name is Moana’, through a mix of music, myth and personal anecdote, we discover and share our relationship to the Ocean - and to each other - and we celebrate people power.
Taite Prize (14 Apr)
Very honoured to have my first album TAHI acknowledged by Independent Recorded Music NZ as a NZ Classic. On Tuesday night, Cadzow, Trina and I will be joined onstage by guests Kara Gordon (guitarist) and Angus McNaughton (a producer) to perform a song off the album. Looking forward to seeing who the winners are for Debut Album and Contemporary Album.
Auckland Arts Festival (28 Feb)
Excited to perform as part of a stellar line-up at the Auckland Arts Festival on March 16 at the Auckland Town Hall.
ROTORUA Little Theatre 6:30 pm
OPOTIKI Senior Citizens Hall 7:30pm
TAURANGA Baycourt Community and Arts Centre 7:30pm
HAMILTON The Meteor 7:30 pm
PUTARURU The Plaza 7:30 pm
PAEROA The Refinery 7pm
Featured MusicView all music
Rima26 Sep 2014
Whole World's Watching14 Aug 2014
Upokohue13 Sep 2015
- Independent Music NZ Classic Album Award for TAHI by Moana & the Moahunters
Distinguished Alumni (University of Auckland)
- Debut NZ performance by "TÅª" Auckland Writers festival / Fest' Napuan (Vanuatu)
- First NZ Tour by Moana & the Tribe (Arts on Tour) / Launch of TÅª internationally
- Inducted into the APRA Amcos NZ Music Hall of Fame
- RIMA, finalist for APRA Maioha Awards / NZ Music Awards / Waiata Music Awards
- Album Release 'RIMA' / Performed Boomerang Project at Womad NZ, Sydney Opera House, Hebcelt/Glasgow Commonwealth Games
- 30 gigs across Norway, Italy, Germany, Hungary, Poland, South Korea & Australia
- Album Release 'The Best of.'
Performed Message Sticks, Sydney Opera House
- Mega-tour taking in Canada, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Germany and Taiwan
- Album Release 'Acoustic'
Performed Shanghai World Expo
- Performed Venice Biennale