The Latest From Moana...
On YouTube (27 Aug)
And here is the video Tū On Youtube now
Tū - Finally on YouTube (27 Aug)
Finally on YouTube : https://youtu.be/DvmRpFO11rA - Tū is the first music video from Moana's sixth album ONO. Featured artist Jani Lauzon (first nation Métis from East Cootenay Canada) was filmed on the deserted streets of Toronto during their lockdownTū is a celebration of the traditional Māori ritual of tohi - to instil insight and wisdom, build courage and fortify a child to go to battle on behalf of their people.
MUSIC VIDEOS (9 Aug)
Today we released a stunning new music video directed by Vinnie Carter for our song TŪ which features the wonderful Jani Lauzon. With lyrics by Scotty Morrison and stonking beats by Paddy Free, this music video is fabulous. Stand by for a link!
2020 NAU MAI HAERE MAI (10 Jan)
A tragic start to 2020 with the fires in Australia. The sepia skies above Auckland this week were reminiscent of the call to war from the US to Iran. And all the while, the people power demands urgent action on the climate crisis. At the same time, indigenous people's push for greater power to counteract the rising obsession with consumerism, individualism, racism - all the "isms."
With two new music videos ready to drop and two others in pre-production, a gig at Splore Festival on Feb 21, a performance at the Auckland Arts Festival, the album ONO to complete and talk of gigs in Europe - 2020 is all go. Oh. And another season directing the incredible documentary series THE NEGOTIATORS.
Next month, we kick into season two of our current affairs series on Māori Television. Proud to be the flagship show on New Zealand's only indigenous TV broadcasting platform. Ready to rock into a year of political drama as both NZ and the US head into elections.
Doing it for the bubbas.
#PeoplePower #JoinTheDots #MoanaNOW
Featured MusicView all music
Rima26 Sep 2014
Whole World's Watching14 Aug 2014
Upokohue13 Sep 2015
- Independent Music NZ Classic Album Award for TAHI by Moana & the Moahunters
Distinguished Alumni (University of Auckland)
- Debut NZ performance by "TÅª" Auckland Writers festival / Fest' Napuan (Vanuatu)
- First NZ Tour by Moana & the Tribe (Arts on Tour) / Launch of TÅª internationally
- Inducted into the APRA Amcos NZ Music Hall of Fame
- RIMA, finalist for APRA Maioha Awards / NZ Music Awards / Waiata Music Awards
- Album Release 'RIMA' / Performed Boomerang Project at Womad NZ, Sydney Opera House, Hebcelt/Glasgow Commonwealth Games
- 30 gigs across Norway, Italy, Germany, Hungary, Poland, South Korea & Australia
- Album Release 'The Best of.'
Performed Message Sticks, Sydney Opera House
- Mega-tour taking in Canada, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Germany and Taiwan
- Album Release 'Acoustic'
Performed Shanghai World Expo
- Performed Venice Biennale